Saturday, February 23, 2008

February 23, 2008

Hello friends and Family,

Today I received an e-mail from some very close friends of our back in Colorado. The words were so pretty and inspiring I felt I had to share…

Hi Sandy!

It seems that Life
Could be compared to a giant jigsaw puzzle
With each person like each piece
Having a place where they fit perfectly
Yet so many in there need to belong
Grab the first place they come to
Then try to make it fit!
Hang in there Sandy! We are thinking of you!

Rob

It’s true! It seems that I have been here officially a month tomorrow and as I told them in a reply e-mail, I have found my clique. We’re kinda of an odd group because of the back grounds and ages. The one is the young Philly girl whos sarcasm reminds me a lot of Matt and the other is the Mexican mother figure of the group older than both of us and last but not least is my B-hut confidant the Whoopi Goldberg look alike. I also think that I have come to prove my self in the unit. The surgeons are letting me put in Arterial lines, the docs are letting me manage the ventilators, the nurses are calling upon me more often and the techs are letting me fill in for recoveries when they are busy. I finally feel useful and since I am becoming more familiar with the staff, I am more comfortable to be myself.

My routine is still the same and it’s still ground hogs day here with the biggest differences being that the weather is starting to warm during day light time. I still go to a Step aerobis/tae bo/ calistenics class three times a week and cardio with weights the other two days. Unfortunately, believe it or not, I am STILL not losing weight as planned just toning up what I do have. ARRRRGGGGG!!! Oh well, I guess toning is better than flab even if it is at the size I am now. (My hubby would actually be happy about that though, so I guess I should be happy too.)

Matt is doing so well with the kids! I couldn’t be a prouder wife and I admire and commend him for taking care of things at home. I know it is hard for him especially with Vicky being at the Drama Queen stage. Marc on the other hand, I’ve been told, has been a tremendous helper and a trooper with only the occasional, “I miss my mommy” breakdowns. If you guys talk to Matt please let him know what a good father and husband he is and how admirable it is that he has taken on such a difficult task.

Well, I better get going. The internet is slow here and I still have to attach and mail this out to my wonderful cousin to post for all of you. Hope everyone is doing well. Hugs and kisses.

Sandy

No comments: