This morning was a somber morning. I came in to work at 5am and shortly after, the 4 yr old girl that came in about an hour after I left work, who experienced severe head trauma, died. She was the parent’s only child and to see the look in dad’s eyes just made you want to cry. As a matter of fact, some of the biggest guys in our ICU did cry thinking of their own little girls.
The day was busy with things here and there. The two little boys we admitted yesterday and a few days before are now breathing on their own and I even pulled out their tubes to prove it. They seem to be doing well and may be out of here sooner than I thought.
I got called into the ER at about 2pm for a trauma. Apparently there was another 5 year old boy that was coding and had blood coming out of several orifices being choppered in to us. We waited and waited but it began to snow here so the choppers couldn’t fly which means that this little boys outcome isn’t good. The only chance of survival some of these people have is coming to us for proper care. I’ll be honest with you, sometimes I wish that these kid traumas didn’t happen during my shift. Not because I don’t think I am capable of taking care of them because I know I am but because it kills me to see these children hurt the way that they are. Is that a bad thought…
Sandy

2 comments:
Sweety, your are most admired by me for getting through this type of work, and have your family so far away in the process. I hope you maintain this strength and get back home as soon as you can.
Love,
Janice
We love and miss you baby! Keep up the great work, keep your spirits high, and never forget that you have a husband and two great kids praying and waiting for you to come home. Stay safe and healthy honey.
Love,
Matt
Post a Comment