Sandy
Monday, January 28, 2008
hello from Bagram Afghamistan.
Well finally made it here! Apparently no one was expecting me so I had to wait for 2-3 hours with months worth of stuff and 2 bags full of body armour. It's negative below zero and my little hut is not heated. Thank God for the heating blanket Matt bought me! i arrived here finally miserable, sad, sore, cold and tired with a bad need for a shower. Once I checked into the hospital I was free to get food and get my room in order. Once my tiny littlewhole was set and I was unpacked I decided I would take a nice hot shower. To my surprise the shower was cold because most of the pipes here are frozen. (I can"t wai til sprin. LOL) The only thing I had to look forward to in my shower was that at least the water was warmer than the air and I was at last clean. I finally went to bed at 7 pm only to wake up at midnight because of the time difference. With the warmth of the blanket my baby got me I managed to go back to sleeep on and off for the next four hours. At 4am I finally gave up, put on my military gym clothes an walked the fifty feet to the showers/bathrooms to pee and wash my face in the freezing cold weather. It is now 5:41 am and my next briefing is about half a mile down the road at &:30 am. I guess maybe I'll get my but to a chow tent/hut whatever they call it and get some coffee because it ill be a LONG day ahead. Tomorrow I begin 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week at the hospital. At least there I will be in my element of being a respiratory therapist. Much love to all and more to come of my adventures in Afghanistan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How cold is negative below zero anyway? :)
I love you baby!!!!
Post a Comment